Frontify aims to provide the best on-brand experience from start to finish – including printing. Bring your brand management process full circle by creating on-brand material, publishing, and sending it for print in one place.
Print-on-demand allows you to order your prints from several providers. Our partnership with Gelato, one of the world ́s most cost-efficient, fast, and environmentally-friendly print solutions, allows you to order print material directly in your Frontify environment – locally and around the world.
To use this integration you need:
- A Frontify enterprise account
- A company account at Gelato
Your Checklist To Get Started
To begin using the Gelato print service you have to check a few boxes.
Here’s a little list with all the important tasks for you:
- Make sure your company is connected to a Gelato account. Access further information on how to set up your global Gelato account here.
- Get in touch with your Frontify customer success manager to activate the integration within your Frontify environment.
- Further, we need you to hand us over the API Key for your Gelato account to enable the ordering and the billing process.
- Create a list with preselected Gelato paper types, so that we can set up those within your Frontify environment. You can find all types supported via this link. If you are not sure about which formats to use we are happy to assist you.
Once the paper types and the API Key are ready, your print journey can begin.
First Step: Document Preparation
Log into your Frontify account and choose the document you want to print. The prerequisite is that this document is a PDF file. To achieve the best results, please make sure your file follows the Gelato PDF presets.
Assign Print Products to Documents
To ensure the document will be printed and delivered in the correct paper format, choose your preferred format within the metadata tab “Print”. This requires the addition of the available formats to your Frontify brand hub. Your Customer Success Manager may help you with defining the right UIDs.
Start Ordering Your Prints with Gelato
If you click on your desired file, the preview mode appears. On the right side, you’ll find the information bar where you can see the “Basics” and the “Metadata.” Make sure that you are now on the “Basics” folder.
Directly under the download section, you should now see the “Print” option.
Choose your desired format under “Print” and a new window will open; here you’ll have to insert contact information and a delivery address for the package to proceed with the print ordering process.
Simply click “Next” to submit your order. The defined admin of the print-on-demand integration.
Once the admin approves the order, it will be sent to the print house partner which is located near the delivery address to begin working on the order fulfilment.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.