The Frontify Integration for Sitecore allows authors in Sitecore to import assets from Frontify into the Sitecore media library.
Assets are imported by reference - the media binaries remain on the Frontify CDN.
A custom MediaProvider will return CDN URLs for Frontify Media Items.
- Copy files from the distribution zip to the webroot or integrate into your CI/CD pipeline Notes: Standalone and ContentManagement instances will need all files. ContentDelivery instances only need the *MediaProvider* files. See the ContentDelivery folder.
- Install the *Frontify Sitecore Integration.zip* though Package Installation WizardNotes: In case of conflicts, choose to merge/merge
- Assign the *Sitecore\Frontify Importer* role to any roles or users that are allowed to import assets Notes: Admins will see the import buttons in any case
- Modify Content-Security-Policy header in web.configNotes: See below for details
Now you're ready to import Frontify assets into Sitecore.
Content Security Headers
Starting with Sitecore 9.3 Sitecore uses CSP headers for the Client User Interface, you will need to add https://*.frontify.com to the default-src and img-src of the Content-Security-Policy header in web.config
<add name="Content-Security-Policy" value="default-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' https://apps.sitecore.net https://*.frontify.com; img-src 'self' data: https://*.frontify.com; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' https://fonts.googleapis.com; font-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' https://fonts.gstatic.com; upgrade-insecure-requests; block-all-mixed-content;" />
You will not see image previews in the Client User Interface if this setting is missing.
Rich Text Editor Profiles
If you want to use the *Import from Frontify* button in the rich text editor, copy the button from the default profile *core:/sitecore/system/Settings/Html Editor Profiles/Rich Text Default/Toolbar 1/Import from Frontify* to the Html Editor Profiles you are using.
Custom Media Provider
This module will replace the default MediaUrlBuilder. In case you have already implemented a custom MediaUrlBuilder your provider will need to inherit from *Frontify.SitecoreIntegration.MediaProvider.FrontifyMediaUrlBuilder* and call the base method of Build()
Customizations to Image and File field type
In case you have customized the Image and File Content Editor field types, take a close look at how this module alters the *Control* field on these items:
* core:/sitecore/system/Field types/Simple Types/Image
* core:/sitecore/system/Field types/Simple Types/File